QuakeMap support page
March 16 2009
Version 3.7 build 20080803 - Open Source build - is available - changes:
Click here to download or here to update.
- installation uses QuakeMapSetup.msi instead of quakemap.exe - installs in C:\Program Files\QuakeMap\QuakeMap
- compiled under Visual Studio 2008; REQUIRES .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- removed all licensing related code, enabled all features (what part of FREE you don't understand? :-)
- if you are updating, REMOVE the previous version
- Note: the build number is still the same, to allow current versions work without update warnings. The number will change after some functional improvements are made.
August 3 2008
Version 3.7 build 20080803 is available - just a few fixes following changes of USGS Earthquake reporting pages.
January 8 2008
Version 3.7 build 20080108 is available - new features:
- improved route drawing and editing.
- duats.com support for flight plans (Waypoints Manager tab).
- .BMP files supported (see fishfinder note below).
- fixed earthquakes data feeds.
Note on Hummingbird fishfinder support:
New GPS enabled fish finders (like Humminbird 797C2) will take a picture of a location under the water
when you create a waypoint for it.
Quakemap associates the pictures to the waypoints by the filename.
The Humminbird will create the waypoint named S###### where ###### is a sequential number.
The image will be created with the same name with a .BMP file extension.
So waypoint S000001 would correspond to photo S000001.BMP. To see your fish in QuakeMap:
Refer to Yahoo Group
for more info.
- have your .gpx file in a folder
- create subfolder named "SNAPSHOT" and put all .bmp files there
- open the .gpx file in QuakeMap - pictures should appear on the map.
November 22 2006
Version 3.6 build 20061120 became available - features:
- many small improvements.
- Saves KMZ files for Google Earth and displays tracks and waypoints in Google Earth (use right mouse click) - see more...
- Supports SiRF StarIII chipset (real time tracking, NMEA).
- Making routes is streamlined, allows editing route points to assign altitude.
January 14 2006
Version 3.6 build 20060114 became available - features:
December 5 2005
- better handling of "Preload Along Route" function.
- you can now adjust Camera time shift by pointing where a photo should be on the track.
Version 3.6 build 20051204 became available - features:
- label your photos with coordinates & time.
- embed EXIF coordinate tags into images to position them directly on the map.
- "Save as Web Page" - with clickable photo thumbnails, labels.
- load sample files via Help menu
- works with the latest .NET Framework (v2.0.50727).
May 5 2005
Version 3.5 build 20050505 became available - features:
- track elevation graph..
- GeoTIFF support (display).
- export tiles to PDA memory card
November 28 2004
Version 3.4 build 20041128 became available - features:
- better handling of recent earthquakes, shows solid circles/squares for recent ones and wireframes for older..
- Converting earthquakes to waypoints and exporting them in GPX or CSV format.
- Distance meter - hold Ctrl key while dragging the mouse.
- Support for Garmin-USB and many file formats via GPSBabelWrapper
September 27 2004
Version 3.4 build 20040927 became available - features:
- DeLorme BlueLogger support (text files); .CSV files support (Excel/Streets&Trips)
- Preload-Along-Route - tiles downloaded for offline operation (mouse right-click on route)
- Alt/... shortcuts and Ctrl/w work now for all menu-driven functions
- Magellan communication speed improved 10x ("handshake off" option by default).
- Waypoints can be printed from Waypoints Manager, similar to tracks and routes.
April 2 3:30PM PDT 2004
Build 20040402 released.
- Blends aerial and topo maps ("ovr" checkbox)
- Track-to-route, reverse route functions in Waypoints Manager
- Mouse wheel zooms in and out
- Support for MapAdvisor Superframe mode (for MapAdvisor version expected soon).
- Full programmatic API support (see "developer's corner" link to the left)
QuakeMap User Manual
QuakeMap User Manual is available for download here.
Inside the zip file there is a compiled help file, opens in Internet Explorer, normally resides in C:\Program Files\VitalBytes\QuakeMap\Misc\help.chm
Select to save it on your hard drive, unpack and just run it. It is the same file that is run when you press F1 key or use Help menu in QuakeMap.
We update on-line documentation as soon as possible. Your QuakeMap software will also update it's
copy of this file when we publish the help file here, so your F1 help will always stay current.
Frequently asked questions
problems with your order? lost your License Key? please visit order help.
Connection to the Internet:
Fails to work:
(also please visit windowsupdate.microsoft.com - keep your system current)
Using QuakeMap features:
(need User Manual ?)
Completely lost and need help:
Report a problem, suggest new feature or just ask a question
send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We answer EVERY request. If you don't receive answer within 48 hours, your email didn't make it here or our answer
was filtered into your junk mail folder.
© Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.